There are many more options to window dressing than just Venetian blinds and curtains. When you say the word “shutter” the first thing that comes to mind is a hurricane. But window shutters have evolved making them not only highly functional but also quite beautiful and traditional.
In fact, selecting and fitting the right type of window shutters will create a highly personalised style and heighten the appeal of your home or building; especially buildings and homes with historical or traditional designs.
For example, for Victorian style homes the ideal type of shutter would have flat panels or Plantation Shutters or Louvered shutters. The latter include aluminium shutters, basswood shutters, smart wood shutters and cedar wood shutters.
If your home sports an Italianate style architecture, opt for radial-top louvered shutters and of course, the best place to buy these would be at Apollo Blinds, Australia. More information is available at http://apolloblinds.com.au/louvre-shutters.
For Colonial or Federal style homes, you could opt for a mix of operable louvers and pannels i.e. operable louvers for 1st floor and upwards and panels for the ground level doors and windows. These shutters are available in a range of material including Smartwood.
If your home has a Georgian style architecture, choose recessed or raised panels placed along the windows – these will beautifully compliment the black and slate stone architecture.
A Spanish or Mediterranean style home will benefit from Batten and Board shutters i.e. Plantation Shutters made from Smartwood.
Types of Shutters:
1. Louvre Shutters – select from a wide range of materials including aluminium to hand crafted timber and smartwood. Online Louvre Shutters are now available in a range of powder coated colours, are chip resistant and can span very wide doors and windows.
2. Plantations Shutters – are available in Basswood Timber and Western Red Cedar wood.
3. Basswood Shutters – as the name suggests are made from Modern Basswood Shutters. This is a medium density timber ideal for making Custom Casement Window Awnings and shutters. Before use, the basswood timber is kiln dried to about 10% moisture.
4. Cedar Shutters – again, as the name suggests, these are made from Modern Cedar Shutters and are generally available in blends of dark to medium dark and light. These days they are also available oiled or painted finish as desired.
5. Smartwood or Plantation Shutters – Smartwood is a factory produced wood made from polymer foam Eco wood or Duratec. Eco wood is a solid, non-toxic, synthetic material. Duratec is a mixture of artificial and natural because it has a polymer blade that is combined with the lightweight Western Red Cedar frame.
For the entire range of smartwood shutter options, please visit the Apollo Blinds store or their online website at http://apolloblinds.com.au.
Australia is fabulous and fun. There’s so much to do. But, what if you just wanted to relax? Imagine the summer, when it’s hot. Instead of rushing out to do some extreme sport, what if you simply sat in a nice comfy chair, in your nice, cool home? Better yet, what if you moved that nice comfy chair to your enclosed porch? If it rained, you could see the clouds move along and watch the drops come down. It’s so pretty. In the winter, you could sit in that same chair and stay nice and warm. If it snowed, you could watch the beautiful snowflakes fall. It’s stunning.
Aluminium Shutters make it all possible. That and so much more. Aluminium Shutters are extremely versatile and can be installed both inside and outside a home in a variety of ways. In fact, you can custom design Aluminium Shutters to suit your precise desires and exact specifications.
Advantages of Aluminium Shutters
Aluminium Shutters offer many advantages. They include:
• Variety: As mentioned, Aluminium Shutters can be customized designed to fit anywhere and used both indoors and outdoors. They also come in an assortment of colours and can be fixed or adjustable.
• Protection: Aluminium Shutters can be tailored to close all the way in order to block heat and sunlight and keep the room cool. They can also protect the room from wind and cold and keep out debris.
• Light Regulation: Aluminium Shutters can be adjusted to regulate how much sunlight enters the room, which, not only keeps it cool, but protects furniture and furnishings from fading.
• Saves on Energy Costs: Aluminium Shutters keep the home cool in summer and warm in winter. Such results in measurable energy cost savings.
• Security: Some Aluminium Shutters, specifically those that function as doors, come with security locks for added protection.
• Privacy: Aluminum Shutters can be closed to allow for privacy.
• Durability: Aluminium Shutters are constructed with a chip resilient powder coating.
• Better Views: Aluminium Shutters span broader ranges than conventional shutters and provide better, less restricted views.
• Easy to Clean: Simply wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth.
Uses for Aluminium Shutters
There are so many ways you could use Aluminium Shutters. You are limited only by your imagination. Here are some ideas:
• Use them to replace shades and blinds on windows and/or doors.
• Use them to fully or partially enclose patios, porches, decks, and/or balconies.
• Use them to secure certain areas inside your home, such as play areas, kitchens, and dens.
• They are especially perfect for use in the kitchen as they resist high temperatures, steam, and dampness.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use Aluminium Shutters. Again, you can custom design them to fit any need.
Since 1988, Apollo has specialised in custom making quality, affordable home and Vertical Blinds Online. It offers them in bi-fold, sliding, and fixed styles. Additional features include:
• A range of colour selections (White, Anodised, Birch White, Black, Silver Grey) and custom colours.
• Hinged, fixed, bi-fold, sliding, and removable styles.
• Rear Aluminium Tilt Bar
• Optional twin bolt that locks Shutters in place
• Two-Way Closure
• Fixed Louvre Selection
Apollo’s Timber Venetian Blinds Online are expertly crafted, skillfully installed, and are designed to withstand all kinds of weather and time.
Apollo is one of Australia’s biggest providers of window solutions. In addition to a range of shutters (not just aluminium), it additionally offers blinds and awnings. It provides the highest quality, best styles, and greatest selection of light control, privacy, and comfort. Apollo makes your house a home.
We’ve got just what you need
Depending on your aesthetic requirement or desire of certain functionality, we have continued to produce the best louvre shutters in the market. There is a variety to allow you to make your choice based on your interior design not forgetting the preference. For close to twenty years now, we have continued to progress positively. More to that, if you fail to find your style among the designs offered, we are able to customize whatever design you may feel will best suit your needs.
Bending to your desired Effect
Our louvre shutters are more than easy to clean and take very little of your time! In the case that your eyes sometimes become light sensitive, they offer the effect of protecting your eyesight. They offer the feature of closing in two directions thereby regulating the amount of light and heat deflected. The material we use to make them is also quite durable and the finishing is done to protect it and ensure it lasts for years!
Save Energy, get free ventilation
I know what you are thinking, what does energy have to do with ventilation? Well, don’t you think it’s about that time when you ditch the electrical fans or air conditioning and enjoy the free room ventilations offered from our Timber Shutters Sydney and Custom Vertical Blinds on the daily? As a cause of how they have been made, they provide a room with excellent ventilation than any other windows in the market. The best thing about them is that the air flow is consistent.
Excellent air ventilation for your bathroom
Moisture build up in your bathroom can also be controlled with our affordable louvre shutters and Aluminium Venetian Blinds. This is because in their make-up they allow moisture to escape from the room. At the same time, you do not have to compromise your privacy. The warm air will rise and exit through the top layer louvers while the clean fresh air will enter the room through the bottom level louvers to cool the room and keep the circulating air refreshed.
So there you have it; no matter what design of louvre shutter, we can custom make it for you; we have:
• Aluminium Shutters Online
• Plantation shutters
• Basswood shutters
• Cedar shutters and
• Smartwood shutters
We only seek to provide quality customer care service and professionalism in all we do. Available is a catalogue with our full range products; feel free to pay us a visit or five us a call to enquire more. Do consider our louvre shutters if you desire: excellent air flow, natural light that you can adjust the amount into a room as well as easy cleaning and privacy.
Window coverings are an important aspect of the home interiors, making up the overall appeal of the room. From Venetian blinds, vertical blinds, cellular blinds, Roman blinds and roller blinds there are several choices. Folks generally select the ones that are best suited to their environment as well as the interior décor and of course, their budget. Even so, with all the varieties available, roller blinds are one of the most popular choices for Australian homes.
Roller blinds are a length of fabric fitted to a roller mechanism, an extremely sleek design which makes them a popular choice. They are easy to operate and extremely versatile. Also, they are long lasting and easy to maintain. When drawn up, Roller blinds give a neat appearance to your windows. In fact, roller blinds can be conveniently adjustable – they can be drawn up to any height you want.
For the hot and dry Australian weather, roller blinds are ideally suited. The fabric used for the window coverings plays a crucial role in creating the right ambience within the home. Different kinds of fabric may be used for Roller blinds, namely, block-out fabrics, screens, and light filtering fabrics.
Roller blinds with bloc kout fabrics are ideal for bedrooms. They give ample privacy and block out out harsh light. Additionally they offer good protection from the sun's UV rays. Sunscreen roller blinds on the other hand let in a lot of light but also afford privacy.
Light-filtering or translucent fabrics allow the light to come through while also protecting from the glare. Although you may not get a clear view through a light-filtering roller blind, you should be able to see silhouettes outside.
Re-designing or updating your window furnishing calls for a big budget. Roller blinds are comparatively more affordable than other types of window coverings. Their versatility also makes them a popular choice for Australian homes. It's a great way to give your home a livelier, fresh feel with roller blinds. If budget is not the issue, you can opt for the motorised version of the roller blind.
The advantages of roller blinds are many – depending on the materials used, roller Affordable Aluminium Shutters do not block the view. They allow the passage of light, protect from the harsh UV rays and also offer the privacy you need for your home. Roller blinds are easy to install, hence the installation process is quick.
Several types of blinds and window coverings are available with Apollo Blinds, Australia, including Venetian, Roman, Timber Venetians, Smartwood Venations, etc. Visit http://apolloblinds.com.au for more options on window coverings. The skilled staff at Apollo Blinds will guide you so as to make the right selection of window coverings. Apollo Blinds also deals with other stuff like Modern Ziptrak Blinds Awnings, shutters, curtains and drapes. Don't hesitate to call and ask for a free measure quote, today.
Window coverings lend a soft elegance to the room. They serve to complement the interiors of a home, no matter what the style. Drapes, shades or blinds all perform the function of awarding privacy while controlling the light and glare coming into the room. Window coverings are an important part of the home décor – they can be designed so as to blend in the background or become a focal point in the room.
Several kinds of window coverings are available although the classic Roman blinds complement any style of interior décor. Roman blinds are simple window covering panels made from fabrics. The panels can be raised or lowered with the help of a cord system and rings sewn to the back of the panel. The fabric stacks neatly once the blind is raised.
Roman blinds are made out of fabric and hence very versatile when it comes to co-ordination with your interiors. From the various types of Roman blinds available, you can choose the one that complements your style of interior décor. The most common and extremely popular type is the flat panel Roman blind which lies flat against the window but when drawn, gathers up in a series of neat folds. The material can be colour coordinated to match the furniture in the room. You can choose from among complete block out fabric, the light filtering variety or sunscreen depending on the amount of privacy and light control you want to achieve.
With Roman blinds it is easily possible to dress up your windows. If you're looking for a soft, comfortable look for the room, a form of relaxed Roman blinds will do the trick. Being rigid panels, flat Roman shades may create a severe look. Non constructed panels on the other hand do not have back bars sewn to them to reinforce the fabric which gives a soft, frilly and comfortable appearance to the blinds.
Screen Fabrics Roman Blinds can be controlled with a cord lock or chain drive. For added convenience they can be motorised. Beautifully patterned fabrics that match your interiors can be used to create a traditional look. If you like a contemporary look, go for light shades that complement the style of the room.
Apollo Blinds is a locally owned and operated company in Australia supplying blinds, shutters and awnings at affordable rates. Specialising in customised window coverings, Apollo Blinds are reputed for their quick and efficient service, having millions of satisfied customers. Classic Roman Blinds Online complement any style of interior décor, but if you have something else in mind, check out the gallery and catalogue at http://apolloblinds.com.au for more window covering concepts.
For more than a couple of decades Apollo blinds have been helping the folks in Australia to decorate their windows in style. Visit the website to ask for a free quote and measure, today.
When first used by the Tudors five hundred years ago, shutters were functional and provided protection from the elements. Window width then dictated whether they were installed on the inside or outside. As time and technology passed, they became less functional and were used less. They became popular again as the 21st century approached when interest in Victorian décor resurged and they are now one of the most popular window treatments and decorative elements.
Custom Cedar Shutters
Custom Cedar Shutters, made from Canadian Western Red Cedar, are the ideal choice for your home. Red Cedar is a lightweight, yet sturdy medium density timber that provides the best insulation. Technically speaking, Red Cedar's internal, cellular makeup generates air spaces that provide higher insulation standards. Normally speaking, Red Cedar can handle Australian weather better than all other woods.
That’s just one of the advantages Custom Cedar Shutters offers. Additional advantages are as follows:
• Most wood shutters are pasted together, which means their construction cannot be certain. Red Cedar Shutters are etched from solid wood and will not decline with time.
• the trees from which wood used for shutters grow in the Pacific Northwest, where conditions are damp and subject to fungus, insects, and microorganisms and have, thus developed natural abilities to fight off such problems, as well as humidity, rot, and decay. Such also makes Cedar Wood Shutters resistant to cracking and twisting.
• Red Cedar Shutters require very little maintenance. Just wipe them clean them with a soft, damp cloth.
• The shutters are uniquely versatile. They can be placed on the exterior or the interior of your home, along with glass doors and windows, and can along balconies. They can also be used as doors, room partitions, and to cover arches and uniquely shaped areas (e.g. bay windows).
• The shutters come in a wide variety of color choices, bleaches, and stains - more than enough to satisfy every taste and style.
• The shutters immediately bring attention to and add texture and warmth to any room.
• Red Cedar Shutters effectively control sunlight and, therefore, protect furniture and other furnishings fading and damage.
• The beauty, cost savings, and durability of Red Cedar Shutters increase home values.
• Every Red Cedar Shutter is custom made to fit the dimension of every window and/or space in which will occupy.
Since 1988, Apollo Blinds has specialized in custom made, reasonably priced, Modern Basswood Shutters, as well as awnings and blinds for both business and home. Its representatives are highly experienced and provide precise guidance on the highest quality products for every application.
Apollo offers free in-home consultations and some stores also offer a “Buy Now Pay Later – 0% Interest” plan.
With all the advantages custom made Basswood Shutters Online have to offer, they are truly the perfect choice for your home.
The crisp, clean, lines of Aluminium Shutters make them the ideal choice for today’s homes. They also offer many advantages.
Aluminium Interior Shutters
Interior shutters are a fantastic, fresh alternative to draperies, blinds, and curtains. Many homeowners and businesses today select Aluminium Interior Shutters. Aluminum is an excellent cost-effective option to wood shutters. They provide privacy when completely shut and can block out noise and light. They also:
• come in a range of colors to match most any style, from modern to vintage, and fit in any room, be it a relaxed den, formal living room, playroom, or even a man cave.
• are very versatile. In addition to window treatments, they can also be used as room dividers and doors.
• are an excellent choice for kitchens as they resist moisture and heat.
• are easy to maintain. Just wipe them clean from time to time with a soft, damp cloth.
• offer sun protective. When fully closed, they completely block the sun, which helps cool homes in summer and protects furniture and other furnishings from sun damage and fading. Such also helps cool the home and saves money on air conditioning costs.
• control the flow of air and, during the winter, when closed, can keep out cold air, providing savings on heating costs.
• can be designed with various fitting choices, including bi-fold, fixed (removable), or sliding.
Aluminium Exterior Shutters
Exterior Shutters tend to be taken for granted these days. They actually make one of the biggest visual impressions on a home’s appearances. Cost-wise, they are a simple way to add beauty to a home, and, at the same time, add value. The top designers and architects from around the world actually select Aluminium Exterior Shutters for their projects. Custom Roman Blinds, in addition to beauty:
• can also be used to enclose a balcony or patio or to create an exterior space.
• deter trespassers and thievery.
• are extremely durable, long-lasting, and resistant to damage, chipping, splitting, peeling, warping, and cracking, which makes them a good, long-term, home investment.
• can be used to provide protection from extreme weather conditions, such as tornados, hurricanes, and severe storms.
• are easy for which to care. Just clean them every couple of months with a mild detergent and a soft cloth.
Since 1988, Apollo Blinds has specialized in providing superior shutters, as well as blinds, and awnings for homes and businesses. It is one of Australia’s largest providers of window treatments and it specializes in creating the perfect solutions for both interior and exterior spaces. Apollo also offers free in-home consultations and some stores also offer a “Buy Now Pay Later – 0% Interest” plan.
Apollo has a full range of Roller Blinds constructed with chip resistant powder coating.
Aluminum Shutters, whether they are interior, exterior, or both, make the perfect, cost-effective option to enhance the beauty, value, and safety of your home.